Grab a pen and mark your calendars! We'll be celebrating our ONE YEAR anniversary here at The Walt Disney Family Museum during a weekend packed with family fun, festivities, and music, October 1, 2 + 3! Admission is half off for our Saturday Night Soiree--think music with a live DJ and cash bar!--which will keep the Museum open until 9PM!
“It’s hard to believe that a year has passed since we opened our doors in the Presidio,” said Richard Benefield, founding executive director of the Museum. “Our efforts to present the life and achievements of Walt Disney in an interactive and imaginative way are ongoing and we’re pleased to see families, teens, and seniors all enjoying different elements of the Museum.”
Weekend highlights include:
- Live Music throughout the weekend. Bring a picnic lunch for the front lawn and we’ll serenade you with ragtime jazz. Friday from 1:00pm – 5:00pm, Saturday 10:00am - 12:30pm, and Sunday 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Our Saturday Night Soiree. HALF-PRICE on Museum Admission tickets and a cash bar from 6:00pm to 9:00pm on Saturday night.
- The “Where’s Walt?” Treasure Hunt Contest – Grand Prize is a Private Screening of a Disney classic for you and up to 50 of your closest friends in our Theater.
- Learn more about Walt Disney and his legacy with our “LOOK CLOSER” gallery talks. Museum staff will share details about the visually dramatic “Steamboat Willie” Wall and our special Pinocchio Animator’s desk.
- A 25-minute “Best of” Video in our theater will feature special guests who appeared this past year, including Disney Legends, executives, animators, and stars.
- Radio Disney Road Crew on Saturday from 1:00pm– 3:00 pm with games, contests, and music for the whole family.
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - A treat for the whole family on our Big Screen at 1:00pm and 4:00pm (Free on a first-come-first-served bases with Museum Admission).
- Create your own moviola in our Learning Center. New Drop-in Craft activities Friday, Saturday and Sunday 11:00am to 4:00pm.