We’re rolling out the red carpet with KCBS AM/FM and KRON TV’s Jan Wahl as we celebrate Walt Disney’s Academy Award® winning and nominated films! Watch clips from Flowers and Trees to Mary Poppins and learn about the Walt’s 26 Academy Awards—the most any individual has ever won in the history of the Oscars®!
During the REEL GLAMOROUS event, you will learn more about the history of the Academy Awards while chatting with Wahl about 2011’s Oscar contenders. Our creative team is pairing the film clips with Silverado Vineyards wine and small plates from Wolfgang Puck Catering.
- We’re transforming the Three Little Pigs from the big screen into pork sliders and slaw
- Clown around with elephant ear palmiers and peanut brittle, while watching Dumbo
- Enjoy tea time, featuring a trio of finger sandwiches, with Mary Poppins
- Dive into shrimp cocktails for 20,000 League Under the Sea
- What better food to serve with Snow White, than a delectable apple salad? We promise it’s not poisonous!
Not just known for her many hats, entertainment reporter Jan Wahl critiques movies, conducts celebrity interviews, and knows her way around the history of show business. When she’s not on TV or the radio, Wahl teaches, lectures, emcees and talks at community colleges, international cruises, and schools.
While you’re here, stop by our Lobby beforehand and check out the unique special award for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, presented to Walt by the young and adorable Shirley Temple.
What: REEL GLAMOROUS with KCBS AM/FM and KRON TV’s Jan Wahl
When: February 20, starting at 3PM
Where: Special Exhibition Hall at The Walt Disney Family Museum
Admissions: Adult Member $55 // Adult Non Member $60 // Child Member $35 // Child Non Member $40
Tickets available online at www.waltdisney.org.